Etobicoke History - Development in the 1900s



In 1911, the community of Mimico was incorporated , and in 1913 New Toronto was incorporated to develop lakefront vacation/leisure communities for Toronto city dwellers.

In the 1931, the city had the world's first concrete 4 lane limited-access highway, the Queen Elizabeth Way, connecting Mississauga with Hamilton, and later extended east of Highway 27 with the Gardiner Expressway into downtown Toronto, and south to Niagara Falls, and then to Fort Erie (across the Niagara River from Buffalo).

More history of Etobicoke

Etobicoke Associations/Charities Search:  



Associations/Charities Search Form...