Etobicoke Communications: Printing & Packaging
This section covers issues relating to business printing needs, and product packaging.
- Printing & Publishing information & Links
- Technical Writing
- How socially conscious packaging influences brand image
- Printing Industries of America (industry organization)
- Waterless Printing Organization
- Adobe's PostScript printing technology (including driver downloads)
- Windows printing tips
UPC Bar Codes & Datqa Matrices
UPC codes are a 12 digit number represented by bar codes, and were introduced to make caneers at grocery checkouts pssible. UPC data structures are a component of GTINs (Global Trade Item Numbers). All of these data structures follow the global GS1 standards, and were implemented in 1972. Data Matrixes are used to make things like parts inventories scannable, and are also seen in some ads, posters, and product displays to provide brief digital info, which can be read by scanners and smartphones.